Meeting of all SLOVCA members discusses the admission of a new member. By reviewing the application form SLOVCA focuses on following criteria:
A member has to:
- Have an active interest in private equity and venture capital
- Have a good reputation among entrepreneurs and investors in the private equity and venture capital sector
- Accept SLOVCA’s Code of Conduct
- be nominated and recommended by at least 3 Full-fledged members (Full members or just Members) of SLOVCA
SLOVCA Association provides two types of membership.
1. Full-fledged Membership (Full membership)
A Full fledged Member:
- Is actively involved in the private equity or venture capital sector as a provider of financial capital for equity for unlisted companies (companies which are not listed and traded on the stock market). His earnings are mainly from selling shares of his portfolio companies in mid- or long-term horizon. Member’s investment activities can be investments in entrepreneurial ideas, venture capital investments or later stage investments.
- Members management is experienced in private equity and venture capital sector and is involved in these activities full-time.
- Member actively supports and develops companies in which he invested.
2. Associate membership
- Associate member has employees with experience in private equity and venture capital sector or in development of the SMEs position.
- Associate member is actively involved in the private equity and venture capital sector or in development for the SME sector.
Associate members are divided in three categories:
- Financial institutions
- Academic organizations
- Expert advisors
For more information download our Statutes here.